Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sitting Around Somewhere Just Looking At The Sunset: Sitting




Whether I'm at home or on vacation, I'd like to start my day and end my day sitting somewhere in a comfortable spot where the scenery is good.   In the morning, I witness the sun starting to chase the night away as a new day rises while drinking my coffee.  After a hard day's work, I'd go to the same spot and watch the sun's color turn orange as it sets down at the day's end. Enjoying the view while forgetting all the bad things that have happened.  For some reason, I feel at peace when I do that.  Doing that reminds me of the song "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay" by Otis Redding

Every time I would be ask to draw myself at workshops I often depict myself sitting somewhere gazing at the sun.  Even when I was studying,  I often try to look for places where I can be by myself where there's a lot of peace and quiet.  Why do I do this?  It's because I'm trying to find some place where I can be at peace.  More importantly, maybe I'm trying to find peace of mind.

Things are more hectic now.  I seldom have time to gaze at the rising and setting of the sun as make preparations for the day's task.  The best I can do is simply look out my window and breathe a deep sigh.  Hopefully when all things are settled, I'll be find a peaceful place.  And when I do, I hope to find some peace of mind.


No comments: