Saturday, November 24, 2012

Still Trying To Reach For The Light: Nobody Said It Was Easy By Le Roux


Whether we are young or old, we all have dreams and aspirations that we want to see fulfilled.  Everybody tells you that it's all out there and it's yours for the taking.  That said, don't expect things to simply land on your lap.  If you think that way, you're going to be in for a tough time.  Listening to Le Roux's song "Nobody Said It Was Easy" often reminds me of the struggles it takes if you really want to make your dreams come true.

When someone tells you that it won't be easy don't take it negatively.  They're just telling you the truth no matter how daunting it sounds.  It's easy to have a dream or a goal but you have to realize that making it come true is another story.  A lot of times, you'll do it yourself and you can't rely on others.  The worse part is that it won't come true instantly and there will be times when you feel frustrated that you're tempted to give it up.

That doesn't mean that you should just give up just because things are so hard.  If that were the case, I would've thrown in the towel a long time ago.  The fact that people told me it was impossible makes me more determined to succeed.  Though I have to admit that I'm still feeling my way around, I'm still hanging in there.  I still believe despite the nasty obstacles that life throws at me.  I'm sure one day I'll make it come true and when that happens, the light will shine.




No comments: