Sunday, November 4, 2012

Be Careful About Flying Too Close To The Sun: Flight



Remember the story of Daedelus and Icarus?  They were imprisoned on an island that was in the middle of the sea and after being there for so long, they decided to escape.  They fashioned a pair of wings with wax and used it to fly out of that place.  The problem was when they flew out of there, Icarus got so excited that he flew too high to the sun and his wings fell apart causing him to fall to the sea.  I guess that's the reason why I'm listening to the song "Flight Of Icarus" by Iron Maiden.

Why am I remembering this story?  I guess it's a tale to remind us about balancing high expectations against hesitation.  Too much hesitation and you'll wind up getting nowhere and dying in your bed every night.  Too much high expectation and you might be flying to high only to come crashing right down to earth. Life's full of risks that you have to be careful.

I've seen too dreams shot because I let my imagination run wild only to come up with nada.  There were also times when I hesitated and regretted doing so.  I've guessed I've come to the conclusion that you be realistic in both your dreams and fears.  There's nothing wrong with aiming high.  Just be careful not to get shot down in the process.


No comments: