Friday, November 2, 2012

Getting Into A Mess And Cleaning It Up: Here's Another Fine Mess By Paul Williams



Ever heard of the saying "Every Dog  Has Its Day"?  As much as we hate to admit it, there are times when we make a mistake so bad it really brings the whole place down.  We didn't want that to happen but sadly it happened.  Still, the best thing to do is to face up to it; clean it up and start over.  I got that from the song "Here's Another Fine Mess" by Paul Williams.

I first heard this song from the movie "The End" that starred Burt Reynolds as rich man dying of an incurable disease who tries unsuccessfully to commit suicide. For me, this song embodies the many messes that I've gotten myself into.  I never wanted it but happened.  The worst part about is that it happened not once but twice and I'll you it was not a pleasant experience.  It took away some of what could've been the best years of my life.

There was nothing to do but face up to it; clean it up and bear the humiliation that went with it.  There are times in life where things can go so wrong  can really make you miserable.  However, I still believe that if you keep trying, it'll be better in the end.  From what I have learned from such an ordeal is that you remember what happened, what it felt and who helped you along the way.  Learn from it so that you would never go through it again.


No comments: