Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hanging In There When Times Are Tough: You'll Never Walk Alone By Gerry And The Pacemakers



A few days I woke up and did my usual routine exercise and breakfast before heading out to work.  As I got ready I was the Sports Channel and they had a soccer program on and I thought of turning the channel.  Then I was surprised as fans from Liverpool started singing I song that I knew way back then.  What made me watch it more was the intensity in the way the fans sang that song with one of them wiping his eyes after singing it.  The song was "You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry And The Pacemakers.

I guess this song caught my attention because of the many storms that's happening lately.  Things are so hard right now and every choice that I make seems to strike out.  The worse part is it often happens at times when so much is at stake and these things fail me.  Hearing this song kinda gives me some solace when things have not gone as I had hoped.  I dare say it helps me stay gives me hope to stay in the mix no matter how daunting it can be.

Nobody likes it when things fall apart and times are tough.  Still, you have to hang in there.  It's easy to just give in during times like these.  Still, there are people who still believe in you which means things aren't that bad.  Bad times are a part of life but so are the good times.  So long as you have hope, you'll never be alone in your struggles and if you hang in there, things will be better.

  

No comments: