Friday, August 12, 2011

The Sweet Life Is Not That Sweet:: But I've Never Been To Me By Charlene Duncan


When I was growing up I remember people often tell tales about the cool spots that they hang out as well as rub shoulders with some celebrities and big shots who hang around there. The way they talked about it, it sometimes temps the listener to wish that he/she could change places. Still, that doesn't mean that the good is what it seems to be. It still can't replace the real warm and love of the people around you. The song "But I've Never Been To Me" by Charlene Duncan reminds me that of that old lesson.

This song is about a woman who lived the good life telling a housewife that sweet life that she had lived wasn't all that great. She went further that it was all an illusion and she missed out of the real things that mattered in life. Eventually, she grew tired of the sweet life and wished that she had settled down when she had the chance. This song had a deep impression on me when I first heard it. It made me realize what real paradise is compared to a few crazy nights.

I guess that's why when I blog about having a good time with the gang, I remember that lesson. Sure it'd be good to party out in some classy bar and see the sights but it's nothing if you're not with your people. Heck, I've always been cool with just a case of brews, a few herbs and my 24k tunes with my bros and buds laughing through the night. It's because I'm with real people and good people who I'm fond of and trusted for years and have stood by me through my life. That's the sweet for me and can never be beat.




No comments: