Saturday, August 27, 2011

Re-posted/Won't Go To My High School Reunion: My Old School By Steely Dan

I may be wrong but I think on this rainy weekend, I do believe that tonight is the grand reunion of my old school. Two months, old classmates that I bumped often remind me about it and while I had that small get-together with my old buds, they brought it up. Whether the weather is good or bad tonight, I don't think I'll go. I've attended a few reunions before but that does it for me and I have my reasons for not going. There are a lot of things that are still going on with me as well as a few sad reminders from the past. This gives me the opportunity to re-post the video of Steely Dan's song "My Old School".

I deleted my blog post using this song by mistake. Anyway, when for those who were able to read my older posts, I was the type of guy went against the flow and the people I befriended were like me who were loners by nature and did their own thing. Apart from that, a lot of things that I wanted to do during that time that sadly didn't come true. When graduation came, I felt that something was missing or to put it simply, there was no closure.

It's bad enough that I have to deal with a lot of important things right now and when my mind wanders to the past, I have to admit it still stings. It gets worse when I fight the urge to believe that what was not fulfilled in the past was a factor in what made me what I am today. Finally, the people that I really wanted to see won't be there cause like me, they'd rather go their own way and move on. It doesn't mean that I didn't have a good time and yes I had my moments. Still, the things that matter the most didn't come true which is why I won't go.

No comments: