Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Melancholic, Hazy, Haunting: Fade Into You By Mazzy Star



I often mention in post about being sentimental and often haunted by the past. This is especially true when those memories were about either bad or sad. There are also times when I had just been through a day so bad that I would spend the hours walking around oblivious or just swallowing something to chase the blues away. I do what to get these things out of my system even if I know it's now a part of me no matter what. When it comes to being melancholic, haunted by the past or just the need to clear your head after a bad day, the song "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star comes to mind.

I remember this song first came out during one of the down periods of my life when things weren't moving and problems just kept on coming. A lot of times, I spent my days trying to turn things around but wound up getting disappointed. As a result, I wound up feeling glum and that time, I'd go somewhere just to get away from it all even if it's just for a few hours. My moods alternated between being haunted by disappointments and longing for the good old days. At that time, this song came out came and whenever it played on the radio, I kept listening to it as one way to get some relief.

Everybody has their ups and downs as well as their way of dealing with it. They also say that problems won't end until you're in the grave. You just have to handle it as best as you can. Still, some things are really hard to handle and they really leave a mark on you. When similar crap happens, images of those experience can sure spring up and fade of all sudden. It's a painful reminder that leaves you haunted, hazy and melancholic.


No comments: