Monday, August 15, 2011

Need To Get Things In Order: Do You Know Where You're Going To By Diana Ross



I know that I should be thankful for the things that I have and be grateful for the people I have around me. I never take that for granted but these days there's a certain desperation that I'm feeling. It doesn't help that I'm getting older and my whites are starting to show. It just that the fear of repeating the cycle still hangs heavy inside and that if I don't do anything I fear that I might find myself stranded again. As I try to get things in order with my life the song "Do You Know Where You're Going To" by Diana Ross comes to mind.

When my family once reprimanded me to get my life in order, it still echoes in my head. This isn't because I resented it but because it reminds me that life is short and no matter how much help you get, eventually you're on your own. Times like that you need to stop and take a long hard look at where you are and where you're going. It doesn't help that the things you are working on hit a snag or just didn't happen. That just makes you even more desperate and more stressed out.

When someone tells you to straighten out your life, you better listen. Even when things are cool, you'll never know the bad times hits you and things right now are pretty bad. I try to stay level headed inside me is a desperate urge to make something happen and keep it that way. If I can only find some stability where I can do things on my own till the day I die, then I guess I achieved something. I'm still figuring it out but I am determined to get things in order if it's the last thing I ever do.


No comments: