Monday, August 29, 2011

Rain And Mondays Can Be A Real Downer: Rainy Days And Mondays By The Carpenters





According to last week's weather report, it was forcasted that will a really rainy week due to some typhoon or low pressure that will pass through the country. Yesterday, I was already feeling the effects of it as sporadic rain showers started all over the metro, leaving people wet from head to toe. To top it off, the car having problems because once you turn it off, it won't start. Then tomorrow is Monday and although it is holiday tomorrow, the repair shop is closed so it's still a bummer. The Carpenters' song "Rainy Days And Mondays" best sums up that double whammy situation.

You can't leave the house cause it's pouring buckets out there and although there is no typhoon, heavy rains are enough to cause a flood these days. I should know since I went through a traumatic experience where I was trapped in flood two years and it's brings shivers to my spine. Mondays are always a downer cause you know once you wake up, the grinds starts. As I've said in the last paragraph, it's a holiday tomorrow but I can't get the car fixed cause the shop is closed. That makes it a bummer as well.

I guess they go hand in hand sometimes and this is one of those times. I don't why something always spoils my holiday whenever a good long weekend comes along. Oh well, guess I'll try to find something productive to do. I'll do it as soon as shake off some of this unwanted stress that's keeping me immobile lately. Rainy days and Mondays can keep anybody down.

1 comment:

Ronald Leon said...

Hey good to here back from you ! i'm on bloggers too but i don't go there much. Is ther any where like my bloglog I liked going there.Anyway good hearing from you.Ron