Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Need To Reconnect With Followers/Got Your Back: Allies By Heart



One of the things I missed since the community I joined shut down was the support that I got from the people I interacted with. I gained a lot from their support and it felt good connecting with others who were also into blogging. All of that came tumbling down when some jerk hacked my blog and as a result, it was it listed a a danger site on all the search engines. Though I finally cleaned my blog, I am back at square one and only a few of my followers visit (John Marine, Dad-O-Matic, thank you!) which makes me want to re-connect with them again and revive the relationship we had. Missing out on those days when we had each other's back and wanting to re-connect with them reminds me of the song "Allies" by Heart.

In that brief period, it felt really good to connect with other people. the messages they left and the support they gave inspired me and made me feel that I was going somewhere with this blog. When the malware hit me, it came at the worst of times as I needed the income I started generating to supplement my earnings to help out with the expenses at home. When I still of the financial and social loss due to that bad act, it still hurts me and it feels like somebody just set my house on fire and ran away with all my money.

As I'm starting over, I miss the legitimate people who visit my blog and gave their support. Lately, I've been joining other blog communities in the hopes that I revive that success that I had with the community that I was once a part of. I also want to generate some income and sustain to help out more in the house. This doesn't that my sole goal is just money but I am grateful to those who helped me out. and I'm going to try revive my relationship with them this weekend. It felt good to have others watching your back just like true allies and I hope I gain that again.

No comments: