Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Taking Stock Of Where I've Been And Where I'm Going: Highways Of My Life By The Isley Brothers



I remember the movie "Murphy's Romance" where Sally Field's character was crying that she's in her forties and is living like a nut. These I feel the same way and it doesn't help that problems keep mounting and I haven't the means to deal with them. They say that life is like a road that you travel with play you left behind is the past; the where you are travel is the present and the next destination is the future. With the way I'm driving, I really need to take stock of where I've been and where I'm going. That metaphor reminds of the Isley Brothers' song "Highways Of My Life".

I hate to admit it but life didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. Despite the factors that played into the equation, I take the blame for what my life has become. I guess the reason why people say I think too much is because the past always haunts me because of all the things that were never to be. Even though I want to move on, the past has a way of repeating itself with painful results. That's why lately I try to be very careful where I steer as I travel down life's unpredictable road hoping I won't go back to where I've been.

I say this because I want to change my life for the better. Right now I'm stock of things that I have and do to ensure I don't go down the wrong road again though I have to admit it's easier said than done. I just wanna make sure that the rides gets a bit smoother this time around. Well we'll never know what awaits us on the other side. We'll just cruise down the highway until then.

1 comment:

John B. Marine said...

First of all, the Isley Brothers are one of the all-time greats in any genre of music. All I can say (as a guy still in his late 20s) is to just keep on keeping on. Just remain strong and don't let anything bring you down.

johnbmarine.blogspot.com