Saturday, August 13, 2011

How're You Doing?: Hello It's Me By Todd Lundgren



Lately, I've been running into a lot of people from my past and every time that happens, I just can't help but want to sit down and chat about the old days and ask them how they've been. It's always an awkward situation because a part of me is a bit embarrassed to say how things are and I bet the guy or gal feels the same way. Still, when I see people from my past I would really like to spend time with them because of the times we had together. It's like the past coming to life again. Asking how old acquaintances are doing reminds me of Todd Rundgren's song "Hello It's Me".

A lot of times I often wonder what people who became part of my life are now doing now. This is often true to those who really touched my life back then. When you have a history with somebody, it stinks when you loose contact with that person, especially when you have formed a strong bond back then. You really wonder about them during times when you're alone and want to find someone you in common with outside the family. For me, I wished that we maintained our contact with each other. To see that relationship suddenly end, really makes you feel that you are isolated because you lost someone who knows you very well.

Not a day goes by when I don't wonder where they are now or what they are doing. I know I sure had a lot of ups and downs and I guess they do too. Maybe they've matured and got lucky and if that's the case, then I'm happy for them. I guess if the chance comes when we bump into each other, there would be a long stare then recognition. Finally its "hello it's me" and the past comes alive even for a moment but it will a fine moment indeed.


No comments: