Sunday, August 14, 2011

That's One Way To Jolt You: Eruption By Van Halen


There are days when you feel like you don't want to get out of bed. You're so sluggish that if you just close your eyes for a second, you'd go into coma. To top it off, you wish you Rip Van Wrinkle since you don't to get up and just sleep the whole day. Times like that you need something really loud and really strong to blast you wide awake. One song that does that is Van Halen's "Eruption".

I got that idea from watching the first installment of the movie Back To The Future. This is where he puts a pair of earphones on his future father and turns on the walkman to high volume, really jolting him from his sleep. Apart from a wake up song, I use to listen to this when I work out cause it keeps the adrenaline pumping which me going. That's better than taking something that might do you more harm than good. That's what I call a natural high.

These days, the contemporary songs don't that kind of punch anymore. Some would argue that I'm not up to date with what's hot. Well, I'm officially old school now and I'm with listening to what I grew with. I just can't relate to it anymore. Besides they don't the same power that this song and others like it have.


No comments: