Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back When You Struggled To Get Good Reception What's The Frequency Kenneth By R.E.M.




When I look the kind of music gadgets that come out these days, I'm amazed at the new technology that comes out. All the ipods that store large amounts of music and even videos whose sound comes out loud and clear which can be easily recharged without worrying about batteries are my favorite. This is because back in my day, you had to carry a large boom box or settle for a cheap radio and had to struggle to get good frequency. The struggle to get clear sound on one's radio reminds me of R.E.M.'s song "What's The Freqency Kenneth".

I remember back in the day when you carried a walkman, people would look at you and think you were cool. The only trouble was you had to carry ton of tapes and batteries with you and if you listen to the radio, you had to struggle with the frequency, especially when another radio station is cutting in. The same thing applied to those big stereos and when your in a very enclosed space, you'll be lucky to crappy frequency. That sucks especially when 24K was on a Friday and you're office didn't have access to that station.

These days, the strength of the new gadgets are a blessing. Even the cheap imitations are also good though they don't last like the original. Even in places where signal are difficult, you can still get to hear your station and more importantly, your music. That's why when I'm thankful for the new advancements made in technology cause frequency is seldom or never a problem. That's why when 24K is on I have a big smile on my face cause there's good frequency and I listen to it from morning to night.

No comments: