Saturday, May 29, 2010

For Those Who Are Obsessed: Do You Sleep By Lisa Loeb




Ever had those times when there was something that you want to accomplish so bad that it's starting to take over your life? Whether it is a goal that you want to achieve or unfinished matters where you seek closure, you feel that you can't do anything else until it's done. Eventually it you get obsessed with that you become oblivious to everyone else. The only way you get back to normal is by finishing the course that you have charted for yourself. Whenever I get into that mode, the song "Do You Sleep" by Lisa Loeb comes to mind.

For the past three years, I've been working on something that I hope would give my life some stability. I have to admit it hasn't been easy since it takes time for me to learn things so as much as I wanted this to come to fruition, I took my time in learning it. However, my father's passing has added greater sense of urgency to making this thing work. If it doesn't, then I future will really look bleak not only for me but for those around me. That is definitely not an option for me and as a result, I think of nothing else as my thoughts are occupied by it both day and night.

On a positive note, I was able to accomplish one part of the puzzle due to my stubborn resolve. Still there's a lot more to do if I'm going to make this a success. Due to the things that are at stake, I it occupies my thoughts to the point of obsession. I don't want this to go down in flames as I have devoted my heart and soul into it. When and not if I finally accomplish what I have began, only then can I finally loosen up and I hope that day comes soon.

No comments: