Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another Good Mood Song: Just My Imagination By The Cranberries



I remember what Wilhelm Defoe's character said in Platoon that "feeling good's good enough". I couldn't agree more with that. It doesn't matter if it is natural or artificial. When you feel good, that's all that matters. It gets better when things are going well and everything is going the way you want it. Remembering how it feels to be stressed free and loving every minute of it reminds me of the song "Just My Imagination" by the Cranberries.

The first couple of lyrics of this song reminds me of how I use to spend my weekends and summer vacations. Waking up when I want to and leaving the house of a stroll to chase the cobwebs out of my brain or going out to check some stuff or have my favorite meal all the while letting the stress out while soaking up the good vibes. Sometimes I sit back and let my imagination flow as I take a breather from strolling as I take in the sights and sounds in my head and let it all play out as I want want it to be. When I'm done, I hit the road feeling refresh which is good enough for me.

These days, I have to make some adjustments due to the responsibilities that I have to deal with. Things have changed and I have to roll with the changes. Still, that doesn't mean that I don't do it anymore, let alone don't get into a good mood. It's just a matter of adjusting to the way things are now. All it takes is some positive attitude and some imagination to get things set.

No comments: