Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bracing Myself For The Necessary Changes: Winds Of Change By Jefferson Starship




I remember a few years ago, I used the song "Roll With The Changes" by Reo Speedwagon to describe how I should handle situations when things start to change. The advice to ride the wave of change came from my brother which I still believe is a good piece of advice to this day. Recent events, however, are starting to prove a huge challenge in living up to this advice which I hate to admit is really overwhelming. Right now, I am bracing myself for the changes and if God gives me strength, I hope that I will be able protect certain things that we hold dear from those changes. The Inevitability of change reminds me of the song "Winds Of Change" by Jefferson Starship.

I have to admit there were times when things went down the drain due to my carelessness. With all the things that are at stake, I can't afford to do that again. I don't be the grasshopper who sang all throughout spring only to starve and freeze during the winter. Nor do I want to be like the 10 foolish maidens who missed an opportunity and were locked out. Right now the fact that things are at a precarious state hang heavy on my head. Not a day goes by where I haven't wracked my brains out on needs to be done.

One thing is sure and that is if I don't come up with something, everything we have might disappear one by one. I really want to do something to protect what we have against the effects of the changes brought about by recent events. I also want to contribute more to ease the burdens of those who are already helping. Right now, I am doing what I can to prevent the worst. Change is here and I better do something about it.

No comments: