Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It Takes A Big Person To Admit His Mistakes: My Mistake By Phantom Lee Rocker And Slick




I remember watching a scene from an evening drama series where a student admitted that he lied about his accusations to his teacher. Rather than yell or beat the boy, his father told him that real man is not about how fancy his car was or stylish his clothes look. It wasn't how big his house is or the type of places that he frequents but being able to face up to the truth and being honest. That scene made a big impression on me because I realize just how important it was for a person to stand up for what is true. Learning this reminded me of the song "My Mistake" by Phantom Lee Rocker and Slick.

None of us are perfect as we each have our own erratic behavior due to our own preferences as well as our fears and a lot of times, it leads us to do foolish things that cause trouble. When that happens, there are consequences that can really hurt other people and make things. If a you're man enough, then owe up to the mistake that you made while you can still fix it. Even if there's going to be hell to pay, it's better to be brave and take your medicine than have it eat at you for the rest of your life.

As much as I hate making mistakes, I hate hiding them even more because I don't think my conscience can take that and it doesn't help anybody. I'm not saying it's easy to step and admit it but if you don't, you'll be haunted by it day and night and when the truth comes out, it's curtains for you. Only a stubborn, prideful, @#@%$% could shrug that off like it was nothing. Just remember that when you admit your faults, but sincere about it. People will know and even if you admit it, that's not going to cut it and remember it takes a big man to admit it because he sincerely wants to right a wrong.

No comments: