Thursday, May 13, 2010

One Of The Funniest Songs/Music Videos That I Wish 24K Would Place: One Step Beyond By Madness




I remember when MTV first burst into the small screen. For the first time, fans not only got to listen but visualize their favorite songs on television. A lot of times, the early videos did not match the theme of the songs and many were surprised that the bands didn't look like the voices who sang these hit songs. Still, it was thrilling to hear and watch your favorite artists belt out their hits at the same time. One of the funniest songs that I saw on MTV's early days was Madness' "One Step Beyond".

I remember the first time I saw the video of this group, my brothers and I were were a little "stewed" at the time. I was about to doze off when suddenly this video burst into the screen with the band looking like geeks on steriods. From the get-go, I was laughing so hard that I fell to the floor gasping for air. Their funky dancing and funny antics kept me laughing all night and when I saw this again on Youtube, I still laugh my eyes out to this tune. That was one of the best laughing fits that I had in my life.

Apart from listening to this tune, I often use this to tease my "friend" who would always chase me all over the school when he couldn't take my jokes. I do hope Rt gets to add this to their roster of classic 24K hits. The tune of the song alone is worth the listen. The video is enough to keep you laughing all day. Truly a good song that deserves to be on 24K.

No comments: