Monday, May 31, 2010

Just Like Those Fun Songs Back In The 70's: MMBop By Hanson





One thing that struck me back in the 90's that apart from the proliferation of grunge rock and gangsta rap, there was a growing revival of everything 70's. All of a sudden, kids started wearing bell-bottom jeans as well 70 style shirts and the music also started to o show traits of what music was 30 years ago. It was funny that despite the fact that there were so many technological advances, everything was no retro. Still, it was probably that nostalgic feeling of remembering simple times as well as simple pleasures. One such song that embodies that feeling was "MMBop" by Hanson.

This reminds me of those light-hearted, fun songs was back in the 70's that teen bands would play. You can say it was a light alternative to grunge at the time. It doesn't matter what the song says and there's no need to analyze it. What matters is if you like it, then just go with it. It's all about having fun.

Sometimes I can't believe how time flies. I remember a few months ago, I saw these guys on television and I was surprised to see how they have grown. If I remember right, one of them got married and the others are now studying. I'm glad to see that they're doing good, but I'll always remember them for this song. I hope that they still stick together because coming from a brood of five brothers, there's nothing like blood and when you're all brothers, you got a ready made crew right then and there.

No comments: