Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'll Always Rock To Dio: We Rock By Dio





Every time I remember my college days, I always associate it with Heavy Metal Music. It was in that period of my life that I was able to find a lot of friends who really rocked both in music as well as leather and clothes. As mentioned in my past entries, I constantly listened to really hard rock and metal music during this period. Apart from that, my hair and my beard were at their zenith as I spent a good time of my college years rocking. One singer that really rocked my ears was Ronnie James Dio and one of my favorite songs from this guy was the song "We Rock".

I have some of his songs in my blog entries and he was one of my favorite musicians. Whether with Black Sabbath or solo, this guy really knew how to belt out a mean tune. My brother and my friends use to sing some of his songs when they performed on stage. He and othe metal guys really pumped me up during college. His music and a lot of other great bands made life cooler during the last years of my academic period.

I was saddened when I heard the news about his sudden death caused by lingering illness. When I read that he kept on performing despite his condition, I said to myself that this guy really rocks. He willl surely be missed for he is one of the great gods of Heavy Metal which one of the best gifts that music give to a generation. Even if I have mellowed a bit, I still listen to his songs and I still get that pumped feeling that gets me throught the day. R.I.P. Ronnie and thanks for the music cause you rocked my world and you can bet that we'll keep on rocking.

No comments: