Thursday, May 20, 2010

That Favorite Watering Hole Where Everybody's There/Another Song That Should Be On 24K: Soul City By The Partland Brothers




One good thing I like about 24K was that many of the songs that were played were during those times when we headed to our favorite bar where everyone we knew were there and they were having a good time. The moment someone in the house mentions that there's a gathering that place, everybody suits up and jumps into the car. Even going there, you can feel the excitement knowing that tonight's going to be a blast. One song that embodies that feeling is "Soul City" by The Partland Brothers.

I thought that this song was played by Benjamin Orr but I was mistaken. This song is for all those guys who want to go to that place where their songs are being played while they are with their own people with the drinks cool and cheap. If you're excited about going there, once you arrive, it really party time. Since you're with people of like mind and spirit, there's no need to be shy or embarrassed because all your friends and buds are there listening to music that you also like and having a good time at it. If there was such place, I'd go there and won't leave till I have fill even if it means emptying my pockets.

With all that's been happening and the pressures that go along with it, I really dream of such a place. I'd go there and everybody yells "hi" as you share a drink and rock the night away. The drinks would never stop flowing and the music just keeps on rocking with all your brothers and sisters with you is the coolest feeling ever. If I could, I'd never want to leave such a place, Man, I wish RT would play this on 24K soon. It goes up there with Don Henley's "Sunset Grill" as a mighty fine gathering of bros song.

No comments: