Sunday, May 2, 2010

Play War Days: The Trooper By Iron Maiden




My fondest memories of summers were way back when we did nothing but play war the whole day long. One moment we'd be swinging sword and shield and then shooting guns the next. It was a crazy time for us back then, but we had a blast. We wouldn't stop playing till the sun went down. Remembering those days reminds me of the song "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden.

We probably spent the summer that way until the late 80's. If we didn't go out of town or went sight-seeing, this is what we were probably be doing the duration of the summer. We'd save up for the swords and guns that we would buy and when we went home, let the battle begin. We'd be swinging and shooting at each other as it was real. For those who were expose to this reckless activity of ours, it was a real culture shock.

Though those days are past me now, I still get the urge whenever I pass by the Toy Section of the local mall. I'm glad to see that one of my nephews taken after us. Getting into a sword fight with him really brings back memories of the good old days. We all had a blast doing that way back then. To this day, I would choose that than playing the latest video game cause you really let your imagination run wild.

No comments: