Monday, May 3, 2010

For All Those Who Are Cooling Off At A Public Pool: Se A Vida E By The Pet Shop Boys




I remember during the summer, we would often beat the heat by going to the public pool where we spent the whole day soaking up from morning to the afternoon. Of course on a really hot day, the pool would be crowded with other people who also wanted to cool off. Still, so long as you beat and the heat and had fun, that was all that it matters. Life was a lot simpler then and prices were a heck of a lot cheaper. Remembering those days reminds me of the song "Se A Vida E" by The Pet Shop Boys.

Of course when you're a kid, your eyes light up upon hearing the word "swimming pool". The chance to splash around and immerse your body into water was way more fun rather than getting water from bucket and splash it all over you again and again. It gets better when you have or an inflatable toy to play in the water. The best part was seeing all the girls jump in with their swimwear. When the sun starts to cool, it was time to call it a day.

These days, I'm not much of pool person than I was when I was a kid. I'd be content to just install a bathtub in the bathroom and fill it up with water and large amounts of ice and stay there to beat the heat. Add some 24K music and I'm set. Still that didn't mean that I didn't enjoy myself when I was a kid. It was just one of those childish pleasures one enjoys during the summer.

No comments: