Monday, May 24, 2010

Best Describes My Mood When I Listen To My 24K Tunes: Sentimental Lady By Bob Welch




t never fails every time I listen to my 24K hits, I really want to stop whatever I'm doing and enjoy the songs. This is due to the fact that many of these songs are so rare, this is one of the few opportunities we all get to listen to it with others. Apart from that, whenever a song plays (especially my top 24K hits),. it really floods me with emotion as I listen to those great hits that define my past and my views. When it comes to being sentimental about it, Bob Welch's song "Sentimental Lady" really fits the bill.

I remember when my brother and his classmates sang this at "Broadcast Campus" many years back. This is the type of song that I would listen to when I take a walk by the seashore as the wind blows at my face. That combination of cool wind, good scenery and this song really hits me as the past comes alive in my mind. Yet despite being filled with emotion, for some reason I feel very calm. 24K weekend always does that to me.

I guess memories often evoke that kind of feeling when it gets too strong. I've always been a sentimental person. The fact that I'm growing older and the world that I use to know has come and go makes me even more sentimental. These 24K songs are now my link to the past which is why I treasure them like real gold. Still the present beckons and I have to attend to the day's chore. Nevertheless, those memories will always be apart of me and when 24K is on, I become sentimental again.

No comments: