Monday, May 17, 2010

Back Then People Couldn't Get Enough Of This Song: Just Can't Get Enough By Depeche Mode



I remember when New Wave first hit the radio when I was in high school. With its continuous barrage of keyboards and computer effects, all my classmates were hooked on this genre. I was listening to old school music back then, so to say that I wasn't a fan of this type of music was an understatement. What made me less of a fan was the outrageous hairstyles and the semi-punk/leather outfits they use to wear which really made me wary. Still, it was one of the types of music that ruled the 80's and eventually will find its way to this blog. One song that I remember was always on the radio was "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode.

The title clearly represents the song because I kept hearing wherever I go. Whether it was the radio or music videos, this song always kept popping up. There was no escaping it since it was the trend. To make matters worse was the weird dances that people usually make when listening to it. Even local commercials used the song to promote their products. I thought it would go on forever.

Then one day, they disappeared. New Wave and Techno was replaced with Grunge and Alternative Music. They came back with a hit from the early 90's and later again in the early 2,000's. With the popularity of the 80's revival now in style, I wouldn't be surprised to hear this song again. I guess even now people just can't seem to get enough of this song.

No comments: