Sunday, May 16, 2010

Song About Bands Struggling To Make It Big: Rock And Roll Band By Boston





Though I treasure my 24K sounds, I still like listening to hard rock or even metal tunes every now and then. One of the problems that I had with rock and metal songs was that during my day bands who were into this genre were a rare breed indeed. Trying to find a good place to listen to a good rock and roll band was equally hard to find. Back then, trying to make it big was very difficult indeed. The song "Rock And Roll Band" by Boston really illustrates the hardships that bands go through both then and now to break into the big time.

When I was in college, I was fortunate to make friends with some guys who were into rock. I remember these guys would play anywhere just to have people listen to their music. Some were willing to play for free just to have the chance to play on stage to small audience and there were few venues where they could play back then. The 90's was a good decade for rock as alternative music became the trend, more and more bands who played rock were starting get recognition in the mainstream which landed them good contracts which were once an impossible dream. Still, I have seen some bands made and some who didn't which saddens me because many of those who didn't make it were real deal who didn't compromise their music just to fit the trend of the times.

Nowadays, there tons or new talent out there and there now many rock bands who play to mainstream audiences. Some of them even land gigs on television and get their music promoted on cable networks as well as local radio. You know these bands who are currently enjoying their new found celebrity status should thank the old pioneers whose music they have adopted. These guys paved the way for them to be successful. That is one thing that they should never forget.

No comments: