Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Cheapest Way To Enjoy The Summer: Get Out Of My Room By Cheech And Chong




I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people were already making their summer plans at the start of this year. The fact that it started getting hot last month probably got a lot of people excited about getting away already. Still, for some people, all they need is to stay in their room and just waste the day away. It's not much but for them it's good enough. For those guys are content to spend the summer that way, the song "Get Out Of My Room" By Cheech And Chong comes to mind.

Whether it's summer or not, one's room is one's private little world. It is the only place in the house which you can call your own and where you can really have some privacy. For me, turning the music up and listening to my favorite hits as well as getting stewed till the wee hours of the morning were good enough for me. I was probably asleep till noon much to my parent's annoyance. Well, it was summer and it's the only time a kid can sleep all day and party all night.

Well even if those days are behind me now, I still consider my room my own private idaho. So much so that I feel very uncomfortable in other people's room. Messy or neat, it is still my room. There I can do whatever I want because that place is designated for me. That's why I want to be left alone once I am in my room.

No comments: