Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another One Of Those Songs That Makes My Memories Race Through My Mind: Driver 8 By REM




It never fails whenever I travel from one place to another, I can't help but let the memories flash through my head as I head for my destination. I don't know if the images remind me of the past or if it's just a way to past the time. It gets more intense when the trip is long and the vehicle I'm riding goes faster. One thing's for sure, it's a way to trip out while traveling. One song that reminds me when I'm into this kind of traveling mode is REM's "Driver 8".

I got hooked on this song when I first heard back in high school. These guys would later paved the way for alternative music in the 90's. Anyway, when we start winding down the road, that's when the side shows inside my mind starts. When I see how much things have changed, I can't help but remember how things were before. I guess it's the sentimental guy in me.

Even today, this music still evokes that feeling inside me whenever I go on a trip or just cruise down the highway. It gets stronger when I'm alone. I guess it's because there's nobody to distract me. It goes up there with my favorite 24K songs. A good companion when I hit the road and start to travel.

No comments: