Friday, June 11, 2010

Atleast We Can Still Wish: Wishful Thinking By China Crisis




One of my favorite routines at the end of the day to find a nice shady spot where there's cool breeze and watch the sun turn from yellow to orange as the day comes to an end. As I watch it set, I think about things that have come and gone as well the what if's and what could'ves. I guess when you're tired by the days end, your mind let's its defenses down and that's when your thoughts start playing around in your head. That's what happens when so many things that you wanted to come true did not materialize. I get like that every time I hear the song "Wishful Thinking" by China Crisis.

This is one of those songs that get me sentimental when I hear it. The setting of the video is perfect for this song given the mood that it sets. I was more partial to open fields and mountains rather than sandy beaches. Being a reflective person, I like quiet places with cool climates because it all brings out the memories of the past which are bittersweet to me. It really gets to me when I think about what could'ves and what if's, especially now when things are getting harder for all of us.

A lot of times, I find myself staring far away at the end of the day, think of the things that didn't come about. I wonder if they had, would I'd be happy now. I guess I'll never know. Well, there are more important things to care of and I better attend to them. Still, it wouldn't hurt to be wishful every now and then.

No comments: