Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Better Than The Movie: Touch By Stan Bush




I remember when Transformers The Movie live action came onto the screen. As much as the younger generation was thrilled, I didn't expect much from the film. For starters, the machines became the supporting characters to the humans and not all the beings from Cybertron were featured. It had its moments, but for me the anime version which I watched when I was in my senior high school year is still the best. I also liked the main soundtrack of the movie which called "Touch" by Stan Bush.

Unlike the live action movie, the Autobots and Deceptecons took center stage. The fight scenes in the original movie were more exciting as some of the characters met their end during the first battle. Even the fight scene between Optimus Prime and Megatron is way better than the movie. And the death scene of Optimus Prime is considered to be one of the best death scenes that really move you better than any Disney toon. Even now, I still excited seeing it as it still retains its magic every time I watch it.

My advice for people who are going to make a cartoon into a live-action movie is to please be as faithful to the original work as possible. A lot of times, the live action versions turn out to be disappointing Even if you say fans are expecting too much, that's what you get for taking on an ambitious project. So if you're going to do it, do it right. As for me, the cartoon still beats the movie. Hands, down it's still the best because there the machines are the real stars.

No comments: