Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Of My Favorite Jazz Songs Which I Hope Rt Would Play:Islands By Kittyhawke




Though 99.5 Rt's 24K Weekend program plays mainly pop music, it occasionally plays some jazz songs and some classic rock as well. As I've said before, what makes 24K stand out as a classic radio program is because they played songs that only they released and popularized to listeners. They have no become so rare that it is almost impossible to here them anywhere except on Rt. You really have to go out of your way to hear these songs. One such jazz song that I want to 24K to include in its roster is the song "Islands" by Kittyhawke.

I remember when my brothers first got the album of this band. The moment they played it, it blew me away. The saxophone play was unlike anything that I have heard before. I was wild and really pumped me up. When the record disappeared, I really missed this song. The only way that I would listen to it was in my mind. That's the reason why I was jumping for joy last Christmas when my brother gave me an mp3 player with this song in it.

There are other songs from this band that I hope to find in the future. When I get the videos of these songs, you can be sure that I will blog about them as well. This is one of my favorite jazz bands of all time. It still excites me to this day. A powerful song that should be part of 24K.

No comments: