Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Really Should Thank My Brother For Finding This Classic: I'll Never Let You Go By Steel Heart




Every time I add a classic song to my blog, I look at the comments and realize that everyone shares the same thoughts as me which is today's music sucks!!!! When listening to the classic 70's, 80's and 90's, they realize just how great music was back then. Each generation had its own identity and its own music which helped defined the people of that period. One classic that suddenly came to mind was a song that was played in the early 90's . The song was "I'll Never Let You Go" by Steel Heart.

I really should thank my brother for playing this song while I was with him last weekend. Hearing after a long time really blew me away. The way lead singer Micheal Matijevic hits those high notes really hits the heavens. It goes up there with Boston's "More Than A Feeling" and other great rock hits. I really feel like a fool for forgetting this song because it really hits you hard as you listen to it.

I agree with a lot of listeners in Youtube that this band should've gotten more recognition. It was just the wrong time as this kind of rock was fading out and alternative and grunge music started taking over. Still, this is one of those songs that helped define what real music is. I agree with one of the viewers in Youtube that this real music and should make a comeback. This is the REAL STUFF!!!

No comments: