Monday, June 7, 2010

Still Don't Want To Go Home Even Though It's Late: Still They Ride By Journey




One thing I miss about the high-paying job that I use to have was going home late after work. After a long day of work, I usually would walk around the busy thoroughfares; have a bite to eat; a brew and head on home. I was younger back then and life was pretty good during those times hence the reason why I lingered before shipping out. I guess it's because inside me, I'm still searching for something. When I hear the song " Still They Ride" by Journey, it pretty much sums up my feelings about lingering for just a little while longer even though it's late.

When your daily routine is constantly full of pressure, you really need to unwind after it's over. This is especially true when all chaos breaks loose. As a result, I need to get my bearings straight before I go home, especially since things were a bit whacky back then. A little time to just to let the bad vibes out. Savoring a drink and watch people go about their business while you breathe out the day's bad air. When I feel a little better, I head on home as my stress is finally relieved.

Those days are now just distant memories. With the terrible development that has plunged into an uncertain state, we all have to take the bull by the horns. This time around we can't just let go, hence, the pressure is now with me every minute of every hour of everyday. Still I won't let this beat me down. I'll make it out of this mess one way or another and hopefully I'll to sail on down through the night once again.

No comments: