Monday, June 21, 2010

When Trouble And Problems Plague You To Know End: Man Of Constant Sorrow By The Soggy Bottom Boys




Some people may think that I'm exaggerating when they read this but lately I'm beginning to think that I was born under a bad star. It seemed that everything that I always wanted to do seems to go up in smoke one after another. Despite all that, I try to comfort myself with the thought that things will be better next time. If lighting struck twice, then consider my struck more times than twice because I've noticed that lately, everything that I wanted to do or wanted be gets knocked down like a house of cards. It's getting so much so that I'm in a very depressing mood right now. The song "Man Of Constant Sorrow" by The Soggy Bottom Boys best sums up my black mood of late.

No I am not selling out of my positive posts but when things just don't go well, it really makes you feel bad. I've had my cycles of good and bad times but trouble is that it's been more bad (85-90%) than good (10-15%) with the bad really being BAD. Everything that I've been trying has yielded naught which is now adding more anxiety to my already stressed state. Even when I read suggestions that may give some form relief, there's more to it than meets the eye and it just makes things worse. I've been knocked down one too many times and it really is starting to get to me.

Despite this bad predicate that I am in, I will not let this stop me because I know I can make it happen if try harder. I also take comfort in Henry Bergson's Shipwreck Theory stating that things will eventually be resolved. Right now I'm doing all that I can to make sure that I get it right this time around. I'm sick of seeing things go down the tube and I do hope something good comes out of this. I'm really tired of living in constant sorrow and to do that I have to make it happen one way or another.

No comments: