Sunday, June 13, 2010

Still Coping With Changes As Well As The Loss: Changes By Black Sabbath




As the night and the day ended, I suddenly remembered my father again. I still can't believe that he's gone and I have to admit I miss those temper tantrums that brought the house down and kept us on our toes. Though I don't want to admit, sometimes I am overwhelmed by the responsibilities that lay before me and my brothers. Still, I know that I can't back down and I am calling on all of my resolve to face up to the challenge brought about by these changes. I think the song "Changes" by Black Sabbath bests sums up how a person is trying to cope up with both loss and change.

Next week is going to be Father's Day and the fact that he is no longer with us really fills my heart with grief which grows sharper when he was taken away while he was enjoying his life. The bonds that we had as a family were starting to really grow stronger when he had his accident that led to his death. Right now, we are all coping with the changes that brought about by his sad passing. What gave me strength that I could cope with change is when one of my brothers reminded that I am my father's son. Because of that, I am determined to prove that I can meet these changes head on no matter how tough they can get.

Right now, I am doing all that I can to do my part. I look after my mother as bests as I could since I stay with her often. My brothers also help out and spend time with my mother when they can. I am also working on ways to earn something extra and hope that it would be enough for me to stand on my own eventually. God give me strength to cope with these new demands. It's going to be tough but that's what's got to be done.

No comments: