Thursday, November 13, 2008

You Can't Be Unlucky All The Time: Even The Losers By Time Petty And The Heart Breakers



Getting into a losing streak is one of the worst things that can happen to a person. You feel like no matter how hard you try, you always fall short of your goal and that hurts alot especially when a lot is at stake. The more you lose, the more a piece of your heart gets sliced off. Losing too much makes you constantly question yourself what went wrong or why did it happened which takes a toll on you physically, mentally, emotionally and even spiritually. Despite a bad streak, people get lucky sometimes and whenever I think about that, I'd like to listen to "Even The Losers" by Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers.

Whenever I hear this song, it gives me glimmer of hope during those bad cycles when the things you try hard to achieve turn to dust in your hand. It makes me feel that there's light even in the darkess night. I've had a lot of bad cycles where I felt that my suffering was endless and what I thought was lifeline suddenly snapped, causing me to fall in the abyss. Yet despite all the pain, the sun eventually shined and the storms started to dissapate. Other times, I was able to land a lucky shot and hit big which always reminds that things aren't always so bad.

Alot of times, I've seen periods where nothing went right and I thought I'd go crazy from all the losses I've accumulated. It's a good thing, I still remember that these things will pass and if I try hard and focus properly, I'll be able to make it. As for the things that I've lost, though sometimes it still hurts when I remember it, the times when I did win makes up for it. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose which makes up alot about life. Still, it's nice to know that you can get lucky sometimes.

No comments: