Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Don't Want To Miss Out Again: Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me By Elton John And George Micheals



Once I again if anyone reads this entry, they'll probably wondering why I chose to post this in my blog. I couldn't think of a more appropriate song to describe that feeling where you're desperate to salvage an opportunity that is in danger of being destroyed. When something like this develops, it's obvious that a lot is at stake and the consequences is dire to say the least. Many times this has happened in my life where I did what I could and yet despite all my efforts, it all just falls to pieces and with it my heart. That's the reason why I chose the song "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" by Elton John and later performed in a duet with George Micheal for this entry.

Whether it was trying to get a dream job, find better opportunities and so on, lately it seems like these endeavors either go down the tubes or crumble to dust. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how that hurts. It gets worse when you put everything you got into that situation. When it all goes tumbling down, I feel all sorts of agony from having my heart pierced by an infinite number of arrows to to falling into a bottomless pit. When the stores slams into your face, you pound hard hoping for another chance but when the judgement is laid out, you might as well ride a dead horset and what's worse is when it happens during your darkest hour of need which is really a good example of adding insult to injury.

Through the years, I've had alot of these experiences and everytime that happens, it really takes the life out of you. Many times I asked myself what I could've done to prevent it. When it happens again and again, it's like an immortal in Highlander getting shot and stabbed repeatedly and though you live through it, it still traumatic. Be that as it may, I still soldier on in the hopes that something good will happen for a change. I hope make it good this time around cause it hurts when the sun goes down a person.

No comments: