Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Call Of The Night: Night Owl By Little River Band



I know I've been blogging a lot about the good old days when there was always something in store during the weekends. When your young, anything that you want to happen on weekend can come true, especially when you're the restless type. Whether it's going to friends house for a little get-together or going to big bash wereeveryone you know is going, there was always something going down somewhere. The constant stress and worry that goes in my head day-to-day is probably telling me to take some quality r-n-r. My head didn't hurt that much and a case of beer wasn't even starters when the good times were going down back then. When I remember those times when feeling restless made us look for something to do or just make our own gimick, I'd like to listen to the song "NightOwl" by The Little River Band.

There was never a dull moment when we were young and when we felt restless, we simply broke all the "good stuff" and listened to the songs that I have blogged about. Sometimes we would jump into my brother's car and go out in search of an adventure and the way were back then, something was bound to come up to make the evening memorable. The best times was when we were in the company of our closest friends when some came down. Everytime we did something with these people, all the bad breaks or worries disappeared as we joked, laughed, dranked and rocked through the night. What made it special was the fact that not only did we had a good time, but we spent with really cool people who we have accepted as part of our family.

Today, I'm lucky if I get some snooze time during the weekends as I slump in my room and try to recover from a week's work. A lot of times, I help out when things need to get done here. Sometimes, I wish we good get together again and relive the old times. It wasn't just about doing exciting things and drinking huge gallons of alcohol, but a way of strenghtening the bonds between brothers and friends which made these ocassions special no matter how frequent. I hope one day we'd gather around again and in doing so, reaffirm those bonds again because that was the essence of what those restless gimicks were all about.

No comments: