Friday, November 14, 2008

There's Always Tomorrow: Brand New Day By Sting



I just came home from work and I'm dead tired from beating all the deadlines on my work. Trying to get things done within the day can really sap the strength from your body. It get worse when one small slip-up ruins your day and to top it off, the nagging never stops. The only comfort you have left as the night approaches is the hope that tomorrow will better. When hope that the next day won't be as bad as yesterday, it reminds me of the song "Brand New Day" by Sting.

This is one of my favorite songs cause it gives me comfort when the day has been cruel to me as well reminds me that things will get better tomorrow. When I think of what a brand new day means to me, it's a chance to start fresh and leave all the bad things behind. New days are new opportunities which we should never take for granted and we should seize the day as Robin Williams said in Dead Poets Society. Although I like the song, I wonder why Sting chose to portray a false Messiah in his video? I don't know if he's against consumerism or worn't against false prophets cause his falling to the water takes the hope out the song.

If asked if I had a bad day, I've had so many that a good day for me is a day with no tensions. As I've said before, I'll say it again: there too much of the bad times and too little of the good and that includes the days I wake up and go to sleep to and get nothing but STRESS. Be that as it may, I always remind myself that there's always another day. I guess that's the reason why I wake up early because I can see the night give way to the day which I never tire of seeing on week day. Hopefully, these down days end soon and after that good times will be all around us. When that happens, then it really is a brand new day.

No comments: