Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another Immortal Dance Song: September By Earth, Wind And Fire



A good song never grows old and always stands the test of time. The proof of this is that it is still being listened to by younger generations way after it's time. Very few bands and songs are able to accomplish this feat. One such band that has suycceeded in this area is Earth, Wind And Fire. Even now, today's youths still listen and groove to their songs at dance clubs everywhere. One such song of theirs which is still popular to this day is the song "September".

As I've have blogged before, whenever one of their songs gets played, everyone starts doing their thing. I do believe this was also played at my brother's third year party which is probably the longest party that we ever hosted. Everybody started moving like crazy when this song was played. Once this song gets played it's hard to take it out of your head. A good example of this was in the Cartoon American Dad where Stan Smith was playing this song and then suddenly asked himself how it inside his head and why he was doing it.

I still hear this song being played in parties where people want to dance. You can say this one of those few songs that are truly immortal. I sometimes shake my head in wonder that still retains its appeal among the youth. Though I'm not particularly a fan of this kind of music, it still brings back a lot of memories and that warms my heart. As I close this entry, I wouldn't be surprised if someone right now is listening and dancing to this song.

No comments: