Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cool 90's Activist Song: Run Baby Run


I'm not sure if this was played on 24K,, but it's one of my favorite songs of Sheryl Crow. She burst into the music scene in the early 90's with a string of hit songs and albums and I have to admit they were pretty cool tunes. Although I liked most of her hit singles, there was one song that I really liked and I felt it should had been given more air time. I liked because it sure hits straight through the heart. The song was called "Run Baby Run" which is my all time favorite Sheryl Crow song.

Like a lot of RT songs, this really stops me in my tracks and I just want to listen to it till the song ends. A lot of emotions really get stirred inside me when I hear it like restlessness, lonliness, protest and a need to find out more about one's self. I could listen to this at bar with a glass of whisky in one hand and fine cigar on the other. As I do that, I let my mind drift as as images of old familiar friends and places flash through my mind. I guess I'm an easy prey for this song because there are a lot of things that I'm searching for to make my life complete.

Whether it's played on the radio or the tv; with instruments or acoustic; music video or live, this is one song that sounds good anytime, anywhere. This song makes me restless and at peace all at once. Very few songs have that effect on me and they are all played on 24K. I hope she keeps on making songs like these because these are the types of tunes that are worth listening to. Cool song and cool singer enough said.

No comments: