Monday, November 3, 2008

Clear Cool Music: FM By Steely Dan



These days I am surprised by the constant developments in today's technology, particularly when it comes to music. From radios and turn tables to walkmans to discmans to mp3s to ipods, with these new musical devices, you really get clear music flowing through your headphones. Back then, so long as your radio was tune to an FM band, the chances of getting some static was was less than in am. The only problem was whether you had a strong antenna to ensure clear music. When I think about clear music to my ears, I like to listen to SteelyDan's FM.

It's one of the first songs that I listened to when the five of us had a drink during the weekends. It's one of the best songs to describe 24K. Just lay back; get your beer and other "stuff" ready and turn on the volume. With no static and all your favorite drinks and brothers in one place, the night was a sure hit. The best part of it all is when the music matches the mood of the festivities as we'd party till the ice melted and the food and beer floated in our stomachs as we called it a night. Everytime I listen to 24K, those days always come into my thoughts cause they were really cool times.

People ask me with all the new music gadgets, why do I still stick to a beat up radio and use up all my load for requests on that program? The answer is that it's different when you hear it on the radio because it's like going to movie or a concert where you see at the big screen and share the sensation with other people. More than that, it make me feel good that 24K keeps these alive and won't hear them anywhere else. It would make me feel sad if these songs vanished into thin air becase they were all great songs then and now. 24K keeps them alive and with no static if you adjust the knob just right.

No comments: