Friday, November 28, 2008

Drinking As A Cure All: Red Red Wine By UB40



I have to admit when I was younger, whenever somebody bought a case of beer or opened a bottle of whiskey, I'd be the first in line with glass full of ice in my hand. As I have written in my past entries, there never a weekend that didn't involve drinking. Wheher it's to celebrate, chase away the blues or just to do pass the time. You can say that booze was the great cureall for any situation. Whenever I hear the song "Red, Red Wine" by UB40, it brings back the days when we literally swam in booze.

I guess when you're young, you're still able to take a lot of abuse. No matter what the reason, we always had few drinks when the weekend has started. If you are happy, drink and if you are sad drink and boy did we drink back then. We had a lot of time and a few bucks went a long way. When we had some, we drank some and we savored every drop, especially when we were with friends and the atmosphere was cool. That pretty much was what we did most of the time back then.

Well I'm older now and there are a lot of things in my mind that I have to address. I have to admit I'm the heavy drinker that I was back then. These days I need to be focus to keep things in check. Though I have to admit, once in a while, it feels good to have drink and savor it, not gulp it in large gallons to reflect and relax to chase the blues away. Especially if I'm listening to 24K.

No comments: