Friday, November 7, 2008

Need To Calm Down: I Wanna Be Sedated By The Ramones



One of my favorite American Civil War Generals was Ulysses S. Grant because the Man can keep calm when all everything gets thrown into chaos and he'd be able to come up with a solution to the problem. It was this quality that helped him bring victory to the Union and defeat the Confederacy. How he does it, I wish I knew. This is because everyday I finding myself facing one problem after another and there's no escaping it because there are problems both at work and at home which stress me alot. Times like this, I wish I can take something to calm me down just like the song "I Wanna Be Sedated" by the Ramones.

When you're working nonstop and have to make sure that what you come up with is complete and accurate. In between that is the stress building itself up and you try to cope with it even when the pressure's starting to build up. You try hard to not to panick even if you get henpecked to get the job done. I wish I could be like the band in this song's video where they sit at at a table and quietly eat as all chaos erupts around them. Despite all the commotion, they're still as cool as cucumber.

In the end, it depends on how you carry the situation. When I can't smoke a cigar or drink a beer, I just sit back and take a deep breath, then throw myself back to the grind. As much as it is cool to get sedated to get the pressure off every hassles, in the end you need to go back and face music. The bad part about it is depending drugs gets you too addicted and you wind up in rehab. Well that's life; just calm down and get through it.

No comments: