Friday, November 14, 2008

Speed Things Up And Get Things Done: Ride Like The Wind By Christopher Cross



Man, the last thing I need when I'm trying (vainly) to recharge my batteries during the weekend is a call telling me that there's something that needs to be done ASAP. It's bad enough that when you've just finished one assignment, they slap another that needs to be done ASAP again. Though it's grueling, I have to admit apart of me likes the challenge of completing the task. Once it's given, I race against the clock to finish the job as fast as possible, though I also make sure it's accurate and embodies what my superiors expect from the piece. When it comes to racing against the clock and making sure that it meets my superiors' expections, I'd like to listen to Christopher Cross' song "Ride Like The Wind".

This is one of those non-heavy rock songs that not only make you feel good, but also gets you psyched up whenever the assignments begin to pile up. It keeps me focus on the task at hand and I'm the type who wants to finish what I started. Whenever I work out or spar in martial arts, this gets me going better than a bottle of energy drink. Whenever I hear Micheal McDonald's back vocals on this song, it really gives a hard edge. It's a song that I can relate with at work, exercise or just chilling out and very few songs can do all that.

I guess the good part about getting a lot of work is that people trust your capabilities which is why they rely on you for so much to do even if there's too little time to do it. You can also say that when you're doing something good, it means your alive. It's better than staring at a blank wall and letting your talents go to waste. Well, when Monday dawns, I start to brace myself for the task at hand and do my best to accomplish it on time. Just focus on the work and ride like the
wind so the job gets done.

No comments: