Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Always On The Move/To Do It All: FreeBird By Lynyrd Skynrd



At present, I'm starting to feel the weight of responsibility as I wake up and go to sleep everyday. Whether it's at home or at work, you sometimes get the feeling that you're tied up in an endless routine like an oarsman on a ship where you can't do anything else and the sings you want to do remain in your head. Sometimes I wonder if things were different and I was able to all that I want to do and be all that I can be, would I be contented after accomplishing that, I wish I knew. Sometimes it gets painful when you think you've missed up the chance to do just that and that you will never be free to do anything for yourself. Thinking of freedom to do what I want makes me want to listen to "Free Bird" by Lynrd Skynyrd.

Man, I remember the days when my friends use to sing this song during they're band days. It was the best cover they ever did in my opinion and when they played this at Club Dredd, it really rocked! Personally when I hear this song, it makes me think alot of the choices I've made, particularly to do what you want or take care of the ones you are with. Though I chose the later, I didn't really regret it because I care about them alot. It's just that there are still some things I wish I could do and if I had the time and dough to to do them, I would.

Be that as it may, I have no regrets about my choice because these people were there for me and now I want to be there for them. Sometimes, I wish I could just have some time for myself just like everyone else. It not only recharges your batteries, but also lets you find some answers to your questions. I hope that if I do find time for myself, I'll be able to balance that and the demands at home and at work. Until then, I'll just keep on going and doing what needs to be done. Maybe one day, this bird will be free again and this it would be without any strings, let alone chains.

No comments: