Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's Really Been A Long Time: Foreplay/It's Been Such A Long Time By Boston


The last two years have been hell for me and for a lot of people in my family. For personal reasons, I won't speculate what they are, but what I will mention is that lately the things that have happened during that period really left me stressed outemotionally. The mere mention of it, really put me on an all-time low. With the way things are, no new is bad news. Man I often say there are good times and bad times, but there's been too much bad and too little good happening around here. Whenever I wonder when the good times will come around, I'd like to listen to Boston's "It's Been Such A Long Time".

Clearly, this song describes how I'm feeling right now about how there's too much of the bad going on and wondering when the good times will come around. Right now I'm taking my time and just moving just like the song says. On getting by, I just take what I find and be satisfied by it, again, just like the song. The thing I like best about this song aside from the cool guitar play and great vocals of the late Brad Delp, it's like a wake up call where you want change to happen after a long dreary peiod. I hope one day that something good really happens and this song keeps my positive vibes up when they're starting to slump.

Like I said in the second paragragh, there's been too much bad and too little good and lately that's really starting to get to me. Despite all the emotional chaos going on (though silently) around me, the best thing that I can do is take my time and do the best that I can to improve things on my part. I can't do this alone but I can't force it either cause it'll just make things worse. I do have to be very careful because emotionally, things are very fragile around here and the last thing that I want to here is somebody once again getting sombody else's nerves. I just hope that the sun comes out pretty soon cause it's really been such a long time since anything good happened around here.

No comments: