Monday, November 17, 2008

Find Out What's Really Going On: Look Out Any Window By Bruce Hornsby And The Range



Man, life sure is getting harder and harder these days. When I get my pay, the first thing I do is make sure that everything is accounted for before I do any spending. To say that my budget's stretched out is an understatement and I know I'm not alone. Sometimes I wonder if our leaders really know how hard people are struggling and if they even care. While people barely get by everyday, some fat cat gets rich over our agonies and I begin to wonder if they know who carries the burden for their extravagant lifestyles. Right now, I wish they'd look around to see the reality of the situation just like the song "Look Out Any Window" by Bruce Hornsby And The Range.

This song is even more relevant now than it was when it first became a hit way back when. It also should serve as a reminder for our elected leaders to know what's really going out there. Whether it's a farmer struggling with his harvest or a fisherman trying hard to get a good catch, people out there are having a hard time coping with the economic problems today. People need to come up with solutions that addresses the reality of the situation rather than draw up ideas that sounds good on paper but fizzle out in practice. Right now the reality is hard is getting harder and there's no relief in sight.

For my part, I hope what I'm working on would bear fruit before the year ends. As much as I want to see a magic solution to deal with the situation come forth, I need to move and do what I can resolve things. I just hope that something good comes out from all of this because I put my heart and soul into it. I just hope that those in charge do something about what's happening as quickly as possible. Because we should also look out for those who give grand promises only to serve a bowl of hot air.

No comments: